Wednesday, May 9, 2012

100 Books in 100 Days

Recently I picked up a copy of Scholastic's Parent and Child to thumb through. I was excited by the headline of "100 Greatest Books for Kids" and immediately found the listing to see what made the top ranks. I loved that most of the titles were familiar to me and even better that I have previously read at least a quarter of those listed.

Today I was thinking, "Would it be possible for me to read all 100 this summer?" The answer is no, simply because Harry Potter is on the list. (A topic for another day) But besides that one book, why not? Wouldn't it be fun to accomplish this? The list is already generated and to make it even more achievable 25 of the 100 are written for those 0-3 years of age and could easily be read in one or two days.

Even if I'm not able to read all 99 books by the end of the summer, I could put a large dent in the list. It would be fun if anyone else wants to read some (or all) of the books with me and we can discuss what we like and would they belong in your top 100.

Here's a link to the list I'm referring to: http://www.scholastic.com/100books/

Even if you don't plan on reading them this summer, it's worth a glance.

In an effort to update readers on my progress, but not overwhelm anyone with multiple posts I have created a new tab on our blog. You can click on the tab at the top of our blog roll or you can use this link to read my reviews: http://roskasinlogan.blogspot.com/p/100-books-in-100-days.html.

3 comments:

Amy Jo Madsen said...

What a fun project! I've read over half of those...there are some good ones on there, and a few I was a little surprised about. Happy reading!

Clayton and Heidi said...

EM! Thanks so much for posting this. I am a big believer in reading...especially reading to kids. With little Rainbow Brite on the way I have been wanting to get stocked up on books. Thanks to you and (Wal*Mart.com) I now have 6 on the way and I'm sure many more in the months to come! Thanks again!!

Kristi said...

Count me in! I'm heading to the library for the first stash! If we can't get the list done individually---i guarantee we can knock them off together!