Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I Need Input...From Our Readers....If there are any...

This semester I am taking the intermediate wheel throwing class again and I am about to have a huge problem. Just after spring break we will have our first critique of our work. This will include over 95 pieces I have made so far and Emily and I have no room for them in our house. Last time I took this class we had Emily's graduation hoopla and we sold them there. Since I am not graduating soon and it was hard enough to get everyone there last time we decided we might do an online silent auction from our blog.

We have several readers that live outside of Utah and we'd be more than happy to ship them where ever. (All of the old potters have mastered shipping them through the mail.) Since this is my last semester doing ceramics in school and since people have asked how to get some of my pots, we thought this would be the easiest way to do it. But I need to know what people think. I think we would probably put the pieces online for 2 weeks let everyone bid on what they liked and close it out and go from there.

I don't want people to think that this would turn into a blog where we ask you guys to buy stuff all the time, I just don't see any other options. I do have the option to put them into the Ceramics Guild sale but I have to mark them up a lot more than I regularly would because they keep 30%. And for you guys outside of Utah you're kind of out of luck. So let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions. I will also post pictures of what I have made once I get them glazed fired.
And for those of you I promised to make you something and never got it to you, I don't want you to think I forgot I just huh... So I forgot. shoot me an email and I will take that into consideration;)

5 comments:

Tahnie said...

I'm in if your works can double as chamber pots....

Tahnie said...

That's funny Brad...of course you only need a plastic bottle...but let's not go there.
Good job on posting again!! I'd love to see more from you two.
Tahnie

Greatest American Fisherman ever said...

I dont care what you use it for as long as I dont know what it is and I get your money!!!

The Shark said...

Ha!

I would most likely buy at least one, but you'd have to leave a comment on my blog first to show that you actually read my comments because I honestly don't know if you do. :)

Tahnie said...

I love the new layout!