Thursday, February 7, 2008

Dear Future Self,

The other night I was rummaging through a bunch of papers and cards that I had kept. There were a lot! That's not the point. I found the answer to Aaron's question.

Around my birthday I mentioned what I need to do before I'm 25. Aaron was intrigued and asked what it consisted of. I really didn't think I had a list but I was mistaken. I found a letter to myself of what I expected my life to be at 25 years old. It makes me laugh because I realize now how old I thought 25 was.

"The year is 2008 and you are now 25 years old..." I asked myself about dates with my husband, my one child, my dog Happy, and my cottage in the country. I remember writing this letter (I have the Swensen memory) and being conservative in writing about only one child. I would like a child but I don't think it will happen by my birthday. I want a dog but the only reason I'd name him Happy is because of this silly letter. Besides my "cottage" in the country won't allow for a pet.

Drew and I had a good laugh about it and I thought I would share with all of you.

3 comments:

Ash said...

You are a talented and hilarious writer. This made me laugh and I hope you really do have a dog named Happy and live in a cottage someday.

Aaron said...

Maybe when you get a "proper" cottage you can have a dog. Thanks for sharing.

JED MAIL said...

I think you have a very tender side from your look into the future. You're also quite a romantic, aren't you? I thought your letter was absolutely charming! Love you!