Sunday, March 28, 2010

Recipe Request

Drew and I started watching "Everyday Food" on public tv a few years ago and for our anniversary or Valentine's Drew ordered a magazine subscription for me. That's been a while ago and so I have about 2 years worth of their magazines and I really have enjoyed a lot of their recipes.

In January they publish light recipes because of the demand for "a new year, a new you" mentality. This seemed like a good place to start when Drew said he needed some low fat, low cal food. So many people asked for the pizza dough recipe that I figured I'd post the link.

As we find more recipes we like we'll post links or type it up to share with others. I hope you enjoy these as much as we have.

Whole Wheat Pizza Dough: Approx 300 cal per serving. Bake 450 for 18-20 minutes. *We've made thinner crusts and baked for only 15 minutes.

Sweet and Sour Pork Stir Fry: 294 cal per serving before rice. I used fresh brocolli steamed.

Spice-Rubbed Turkey Breast with Roasted Carrots: 425 cal per serving. The carrots were a big surprise. They turned out sweet and not too soft but SO yummy. The turkey was moist and even though the yogurt dip was good it wasn't needed.

If anyone trys the recipes let me know what you think or what you may have done differently. Also if you have a light recipe to share we'd love to hear it/try it. Thanks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

MMMMMMmmmmm....Pizzaaaaa!

Kristi said...

thanks!! I am excited to try them!