Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend

Drew and I headed to Salt Lake for Conference and Easter Weekend. Drew's dad, Dave, made a place for us at his home and let us stay with him. It was a first and it was a lot of fun. We had made plans with my brothers to have Friday night dinner at Gromo's and it was nice to get together and laugh.

Saturday between conference sessions Drew and I took Anna to lunch for a belated birthday celebration. She's a fun girl and man can she run! Drew told her she had 2 minutes to play before we left the play place and she was zipping between the slide and the stairs, making her way through the tunnels and down the slide as fast as she could to make the best of the last 2 minutes of play.

Mom, thanks for hanging out with me on Saturday night. You are a source of strength to me. Thanks for cheering me on.

For Easter Sunday Dave had purchased a turkey and I was informed on Thursday evening that I would be in charge of cooking said turkey. Thank heaven for the invention Reynolds Oven Bags. Drew helped me rinse the turkey and put it in the bag and in the oven and PRESTO delicious turkey! We had a delicious spread and great company.

I thought I had forgotten the camera but found it before leaving on Sunday so here are a few pictures from Sunday afternoon.

Julie is excited for the camera. Alden loves the wooden spoon and Anna has a new shirt.

WHAPAPOOIE!!!

Pronounced Wha-Pa-Poo-Ee and NO this picture was not posed it is an action shot.

2 comments:

Greatest American Fisherman ever said...

I sure did have a lot of fun this weekend!

Unknown said...

It was just wonderful. Thanks to Dave for letting us be at your bachelor pad.