Thursday, April 29, 2010

"I feel so blessed..."

Recently I have heard many of my good friends use these words, "I feel so blessed..." I think it has stood out in my mind because I don't feel that I use this phrase very often. I know that I should try to express the gratitude I do feel, even if it is for little things. Thank you to those around me who do use this phrase and remind me that I have things to be grateful for.

I am so blessed...
  • because I have people who love me. I love my family and friends. They teach me about all that is good in this life. Thank you.
  • because I have a job that provides for our needs. Lately there has been a lot of talk about the economy and cutbacks and I have been so blessed that our needs have been met.
  • to have a husband who works hard in his current profession, as well as in school for his future profession. He has been awarded a scholarship for next year and this evening we went to a reception to recognize those students who stand out. We met his benefactors and he had his picture taken on stage with his advisor and this benefactor. I was teary eyed because I was so proud. Thank you.
  • because I have a body. I am reminded of this when I tear connective tissue in my back and have trouble walking, sitting, sneezing, etc. Once I have recovered I have all I need to move and function independently.
  • because there are people around me who are kind enough to pick up notebooks from the floor or do my dishes or take me to the doctor/pharmacy when I hurt myself and can't do these things. Thank you.
  • to enjoy the freedoms of this great nation. Many people have fought and died so that I could be here today. Thank you.

I am so blessed to have a knowledge of the gospel of Christ. This has given me strength and gratitude that nothing else could. I am so blessed to know that this is not the end and that Christ has redeemed me. The people that I love so dearly on this Earth will be with me always and life will move forward. Some days the routine becomes so monotonous and never-ending that I can't imagine life being any different but the reality is we can still be moving forward if we continue to have faith and rely on the Lord for hope. I am so blessed...

5 comments:

Donna Madsen said...

I enjoyed the post! I hope all is well with you guys!

Unknown said...

I am so blessed to have read your post. Thanks. I needed it. Love you!

Halee said...

I AM SOOO BLESSED TO HAVE YOU AND DREW IN MY LIFE!!!

Hama Roska said...

To "Halee": Thanks Mom for submitting a comment all on your own.

To All: We love you and love having you in our lives.

Unknown said...

You two have/are so blessed this last month!! The scholarship, the grant, the "right" people who know you, Drew, to help you reach such goals; Emily, that your back has been able to heal. I feel that Satan has to throw in his 2 cents because of your determination to do the right. Just in case you don't know, I'm so proud of both of you!!