Sunday, April 17, 2011

New Yummy

A while ago I was reading my friend's blog about stir-fry and keeper recipes. I share her excitement about a new recipe that is not only delicious but worthy of making it into the rotation. She was right about the Sweet & Nutty Stir-Fry from the American Heart Association. It tastes so good, is made of many staples of our pantry/refrigerator, AND lead me to try another new keeper recipe.

Because I made the Stir-Fry I had leftover red cabbage and with some cooked chicken I already had in the fridge I whipped up an Asian Chicken Salad Sandwich (I opted for poblano pepper instead of jalapeno but that's an individual call). Super easy and tasted great! When I do it again, I would wrap it in a wheat tortilla or a pita. Oh and I don't layer things all pretty, I mix it all together cause it tastes just as good. :)

So thanks to Melanie for the heart-healthy, vegetarian delight and the motivation to try another keeper.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

You are welcome! I'm glad you liked it! I think I'll try your chicken salad now, too! (and I also don't layer those kinds of things all pretty--just mix 'em all in!)