Friday, July 27, 2007

0 kids to 3 in a matter of minutes

Emily and I had the experience of a lifetime. We went from 0 to 3 kids in a matter of minutes. Emily being the most experienced with her years of babysitting jumped into action and took over care of the sick child while I was put in charge of taking care of the 2 boys. This is pretty much how the week went and we learned a lot about each other and the need to work together. I have always wondered why parents get so tired so quickly but I think I can fully understand what it takes to be a full time parent and for all of you mothers who read this I think you're a lot stronger mentally then I am and I can't see how you do this day in and day out.

It was a lot of fun taking them to the zoo and the parade! I don't think I have ever enjoyed either as much, they brought a joy and excitement that is indescribable. I loved waking up in the morning to such a chipper group.

One morning I wasn't ready to get up yet and Emily had jumped out of bed to take care of Sarah, I was still half asleep but felt as though somebody was watching me, I turned over and Sarah was standing there and she said HELLO! It was in the most cute, sweet voice. I can't imagine a better way to start the morning.

Braden was a big help and knew where everything was. We probably would not have been so successful without his help. Tyler was the life of the party and he kept a smile on our faces. I am sure Emily will be posting pictures on the website of our excursion. We're grateful for the chance we had to watch over them and be apart of their lives if only for a week.

2 comments:

Hama Roska said...

You're absolutely right. I will be posting pictures. It was so much fun and such a learning experience. Thanks for posting Drew! You're the greatest!

Julie said...

There is a children's book called "If you give a mouse a cookie," it reminds me a lot of how it feels to be a parent!