Monday, July 16, 2007

1st Annual Clark Hoopla

This year Andrew organized the First Annual Hoopla. He arranged for us to rent a cabin at Bear Lake and stay the weekend. It was incredibly refreshing to take a day off work and get away for a few days. We had a lot of fun, good food, and hearty laughs.

In the spirit of family reunions we made marshmallow guns and battled on the beach. The kids made a sand castle and hunted for buried treasure and we splashed in the cool water. Queen Anna ruled the small float tube. The boys tried to take Mom in the lake. She put up a good fight and was a good sport about everything. (This resulted in some of my favorite pictures.)

Back at the cabin we played some fun games. While playing Catch Phrase we learned from Mom that you can get lime disease from eating lead paint. (Totally untrue, and thus she lost that round.) James rocked the trading in Pit. Maybe someday he’ll be a trader on the NYSE.

Saturday night we visited a local pizza eatery and tried our hand at the Old Ephraim Pizza. It was bigger than Anna is tall. We all thought we were hungry until they put it in front of us. Talk about eyes being bigger than the stomach! We already missed Julie but now James would have to pick up the slack. It was a good thing we had a bottomless pit (translation: growing boy) there to help.

What a great way to make lasting memories.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Those are some great pictures! Can you send me a file with the pictures?

I am so glad you started a blog. I am really pathetic, but I check the different blogs every day. Some times a couple of times every day. It is just so fun to know what everyone is up to.

Hama Roska said...

Oh Julie, don't you know that I check your blog AT LEAST once a day. I love to see and hear what's going on. It may sound pathetic but it brightens my days.

Aaron said...

I’m not as good as checking other blogs every day as you guys. I do enjoy seeing new things, though. Thanks for posting and talking about the Bear Lake trip. Props to Andrew and Krisit for organizing it.

I must admit, I don’t remember when you guys played Pit. Was that before I got there?