Thursday, August 16, 2007

Usurper of The Title

I almost forgot to let everyone know that I took home the title of Greatest American Fisherwoman. I went fishing for the very first time in June when I didn't need a license. Well, I fell for that as soon as I hooked my first 4 inch fish. Other than the worm, I did it all by myself. I started screaming, "I caught a fish! I caught a fish!" It was so loud people on the other side of the shore were looking to see my whale of a fish. As soon as I got it in I had to yell to them, "It's just a little one." I ended up catching 3 that day. One happened to be a large mouth bass.

No longer do I have to say, "It's just a little one." On August the 4th we went to Strawberry Resevoir, 365 day fishing licencse in hand. I cast my line ever so gracefully and not even 5 minutes had passed when I caught a 20 inch Cutthroat Trout. *Pictures Pending* He was a fighter and I was SO excited. I out-fished both Drew and his brother Brad.

Blame it on beginner's luck, I still did it! Thanks to Drew for showing me the joy of fishing.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Emily, you rock! Do you have your own pole yet? Do you want fishing gear for Christmas?

When do you leave for California? It sounds like you guys really know how to vacation!

Drew I missed it, I missed your Birthday. Please forgive me and allow me to wish you a late but very happy Birthday!

Aaron said...

Holy freakin' cow! A 20-inch cutthroat! That is so dang awesome. Drew, I think you should definitely consider handing the title over to Emily.

Julie, it's officially called a "rod." Poles are made from cane sticks and don't have reels. :P

Greatest American Fisherman ever said...

no way will the tile be usurped until she is willing to brave the winter cold in a snow storm while nobody is catching anything and not be the first to say I want to go home. In fact those words should never be spoken by a true great American fisher!