Friday, January 25, 2008

My Pole in the Water



Drew took me ice fishing only after days and days of begging him. ;) This was the first chance I had to try out my new pole from Christmas and the first time I had actively participated in the fishing of ice fishing.


I got a couple good bites on my line and fought with one fish, only to have him "Houdini" on me and jump off the line at the last minute. Cause I was so popular with the fishes Drew asked me how far my line was in the water. As I pulled it up to show him it caught the eye of a beautiful trout. Apparently he followed my lure up into the hole. I looked down just in time to see him flop his body around and dive back in the water.


I didn't get any fish that day but I consider it successful. Neither of us got wet and the fish were biting enough for hours of excitement. Not to mention the scenery was amazing.

7 comments:

JED MAIL said...

Way to go Emily! I've never been ice fishing, but you make it look fun to be out in the freezing weather, sitting on a few inches of ice that cover millions of feet of ice-cold water. BRRRRRRR! Glad I'm in Iraq where it's only moderately cold and I only get occasionally shot at!

Aaron said...

When are you going to come up and go ice fishing on some real ice? :)

Hama Roska said...

For AJ Cool: Of all people I would think you know that in the molecular structure of things the ice here in Logan and the ice in Wyoming is the same compound. Making the ice in Logan real.

Greatest American Fisherman ever said...

thanks Em and Aaron for nerding up something as cool as ice fishing!

The Bedke Fam said...

EMILY!!! So i've been thinking lately that i needed you back in my life. i randomly typed in "drew and emily roska" in google and one of your friend's blogspots came up with a link to your page. i'm so glad!!! anyway i hope all is well. love ya!!

Four Huffs said...

Okay Roskas - time for an update!!! :-)

The Bedke Fam said...

thanks for writing back! it's so good to hear from you. i have another blog with our life happenings. check it out sometime thebedkefam.blogspot.com!