Sunday, July 6, 2008

all in a week

So since Emily is no where to be found in the blogging world it looks like Drew must take command and try to keep this thing updated. For those of you who don't know I have taken up working outside and I have quickly realized how difficult it is. I guess some of the perks is that I am learning a lot about different weeds and bugs and I am getting a great tan! I have actually started to use the camera on my cellphone for things other than goofy pictures of me and my wife. Here are the stories behind the different pictures.

BO-JANGLES


Is my little mouse friend I found string trimming at south farm. He was no ordinary mouse, he wasn't afraid of me at all he maybe ran 2 yards away from me before turning around and staring. I watched him try to jump up on a step but he was a little too robust for that so to try to scare him into it I threw a little rock at him... it was an underhand throw and it hit him in the butt. He then started running on his side in a circle before stopping and kicking his little leg. I thought to myself there is no way I just killed this mouse. I didn't even throw it hard enough. So I poked him with the string trimmer and he kicked his leg some more, I did it again and kicked more than he stuck out his front teeth. I went back to what I was doing and turned to check on him and he was sitting on his butt with his two feet in front of him just watching me. It was really weird. I wanted to show my boss how cool he was and poked the string trimmer at him and he stood up and grabbed the edge. I pulled it back and poked it at him again and got the same result. My boss thought he was weird too. We went to break and came back and couldn't find him so I went back to string trimming and didn't see him until the end of the day. I guess my boss didn't see him when she ran over him with the lawn mower... poor Bo-Jangles I was able to take a picture of him before his accident. This is in memory of my little friend.

Horned caterpillar

We were pulling weeds around these ornamental shrubs and we found this caterpillar. He was really cool. They mostly hang around tomato plants and do damage to those but since we didn't have any we couldn't justify killing him.

Memorial for Curt

A couple years ago Emily and I lost a very good friend in the USU rollover accident. They have recently commissioned an artist to make a memorial for the 8 students and professor who died in the accident. Curt raised pigs in High school and won several awards for doing so. So in his memorial they have a prize winning pig with ribbons on it. The artist is doing an amazing job and trying to get the families to participate in the memorial so he had family members come and add texture to the ceramic tiles that will later be cast in bronze. We added texture to the pigs ear and the ribbons. One of the tiles was completely finished when the parents came to visit, according to the father the tractor that was in the tile was the one and only tractor the young man hated. so the artist didn't hesitate in taking it out and starting over on the tractor.

2 comments:

Tahnie said...

Poor poor Bo-Jangles. A moment of silence for the little guy....


BTW, you do look tan in your pictures. But I'm sure in classic Roska style, you let yourself burn to a crisp at first. Sunscreen people!

Hama Roska said...

I love the pig but I don't like that Mr. Bo-jangles died. That made my heart sad.