Friday, October 17, 2008

Confessions...

First off: A buna buna is a motorcycle according to our nephew Ethan. But Drew still needs to get on it before someone else does. Hint hint.

Now for the confessions. Confessions are mostly personal and I don't mind that you read this. I hope you do and that makes me more accountable for my actions.

The other night I was trying to sleep and started to think of my family and friends, as I often do. Then I realized that I don't do much more than that. I think of you often, wonder how your life is going, if there's anything new and exciting, or something that troubles you that I don't know. I am so sorry.

I have let distance between us grow in my life. I realize for some it's a physical distance that I let myself justify the lack of contact, for others that live in my own neighborhood it's simply mental. I make excuses or put it off until another day. This year I want that to change. I want to say more thank you's and I'm sorry's and be more honest.

Now I've confessed. Now everyone knows. If you ask me how it's going I promise an honest response, so be prepared for more than a monosyllable answer.

5 comments:

Donna Madsen said...

Emily you are so great! You guys need to come visit us some time! The kids would love to see you again. I hope you are doing great!

Greatest American Fisherman ever said...

I dont keep in contact with people because it takes too much effort! Just kidding I feel the same way sometimes. I let pride take over for me. I feel that if they don't call why should I? I know this is a bad attitude to have and I will try to work on it.

Tahnie said...

Well said Em. I could work on that as well.

Drew, I saw this website and I love the bowls that resembled broken eggs (i guess?) anyway just wanted to show you....
http://www.ashesandmilk.com/ceramics
Tahnie

Aaron said...

Amen. Me too.

Surely you didn't hope for more than a mostly mono-syllable answer from me, did you?

PS Earl is at Mom's house, I think.

Julie said...

What a GREAT example! Your such a sweetie! You guys should seriuosly stop by sometime! I know Andrew and Kristi moved...but hey, we still live here and it would be fun to see you! hope all is well and if it isn't...I hope you will tell me ;)