Friday, October 3, 2008

It's time for another exciting round of Drew took that with his cellphone camera

So I must admit that with these first few pictures I have never been a big stop and smell the roses kind of guy, I have never even really paid much attention to any flowers. With this landscaping job I have had my eyes opened to a wide variety of plants and flowers and there are a few I would like to incorporate into my landscape. These first set of picture are called obedient flowers. You can bend them in the middle so it looks like they are broken but then you can stand it back up and it is like nothing happened. I took these because we found some bumble bees that had spent the night on them.

I also liked these different flowers the first one is called a flax, most people let this grow and about half way through the summer it dies but if you cut it back to the ground you can get a late blooming and it is just as good as the first one.
The next ones are called asters they come in a variety of colors and if done right they will take over a large area.

Here are some pictures I have taken of wild life. The picture of the fox I took while golfing with Brad, the others I have taken while at work.

3 comments:

Hama Roska said...

Cool wildlife man!

Tahnie said...

Emily took the words right out of my mouth. I am seriously impressed with your camera phone. What kind of phone do you have btw? Mine sucks with a capital S!!!

Julie said...

Drew, it sounds like we will have to talk flowers sometime =)