Monday, March 16, 2009

My name is Drew Roska and I am addicted to Coca-Cola


So after a long time of fooling myself thinking I could stop at anytime, sneaking out in the middle of the night to enjoy a 20 oz passing out after having too much sugar, I have realized that I have a problem and I should work on it now. It all started at such a young age, my mom always had a six pack of diet coke in the fridge, I would wait until she left and I would sneak one out and drink it as fast as I could, the bubbles running down my throat always gave me a little tickle.
In my early teenage years I would go to miniature market on the way home from school and I would buy a 20 oz. and drink it before I got home. I would then chew a piece of gum to hide the sweet smell of coke goodness from my parents. Later I discovered the SUPER BIG GULP from the 7-11 down the street and found myself in coke heaven. I tried to give up the addiction while on my mission but when I would get offered a cold one dripping with condensation I couldn't help myself. some of my companions would scoff at me but I didn't care, all I could think about was the cold syrup running down my throat. OK so all joking aside I absolutely love Coke and this is going to be harder than I can imagine. I am not just giving up coke I am trying, no going to give up all carbonation. Emily and I have come up with a plan to keep me motivated and I will keep everybody up to speed on my progress.

8 comments:

Hama Roska said...

I'm excited for all the extra time you'll be able to spend with me instead of with your coke.

Muh!

Tahnie said...

Brad loves his Coke ad always jokes your Mom would give it to you guys in the bottle. Good luck Drew and Hama!! Carbonation sucks anyway. Welcome to the good side.

Tahnie said...

Holy Crap thanks for reminding me.......I'm almost out of Coke!!!!!

Belinda Olsen said...

good luck! I love cherry coke too!

Donna Madsen said...

You crack me up! I love the one with Drew passed out with all the coke bottles. It was great to see you guys last night! We loved bingo!

Kristi said...

what's your plan, stan?

Kristi said...

lemonades at hamilton's now?

Aaron said...

Best of luck. I love the pictures. If you need someone to help you through the dark headaches, don't call me. That's what wives are for.