Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Drew's wish list!!!!!

I thought that since it's Christmas time and I know everyone is pondering what should they get Drew for Christmas, I would make it easy and post what I want this year!
Besides the obvious peace and goodwill there are a few things I would like to see.

1. What ever happened to carolers? I remember even as the less active family that scared most people off we still got the brave family from down the street that would come over and sing. I miss that.

2. I was so disappointed when we didn't get any sweets from the ward members for Halloween. (we did get cookies from the Huff's and they were delicious.) (thanks Huff's)Our ward better get some crazy goodie exchange going on this Christmas! And I know a lot of you check out our blog so hop to it!

3. I wish everybody had real trees and on the same token I wish the clean up was as easy as the fake ones. Emily and I get a real one every year from the 5 dollar forest but the temptation to get a fake one gets bigger and bigger.

4. I wish more people would decorate their homes it doesn't have to be much just a window or a tree outside. Unless you can find a street with people who go all out, the decorated houses seem to be disappearing and that's sad.

5. I wish it snowed more, I remember making a lot of money shoveling snow and I remember the forts we would make and the snowball fights. I don't remember much of my childhood but I do remember the snow. (Andrew and Josh since we will have lots of free time on our hands we should build a huge fort in my yard!)(the invite extends to all who want to participate!)

For those of you who actually want ideas and it might be a little too far to travel for caroling I would like a propane torch, welding gloves, a gift certificate to Walmart (I need to stock up on fishing stuff), clay and if they offer it a gift certificate to capital ceramics.

4 comments:

Hama Roska said...

That's the best wish list I've heard all season! I'll hop to it as best as I can, but don't complain when I'm the only caroler at your door. ;)

the bigger family said...

i agree about real trees...we've had to compromise at our house. a fake tree and a real wreath so it can smell like Christmas...dave thinks real ones are a fire hazard.

the bigger family said...

and, we don't have much, but we've got some decorations and lights...but if you want to see some light madness...come to our neighborhood.

Aaron said...

Check out our blog. I think we've got Item 1 taken care of.