Thursday, July 16, 2009

Accepting a Challenge with a Story

My brother has challenged anyone who would like to participate, to blog about a topic each day for one month. I found this to be a good opportunity to share a story about him.

It's been 10 years ago that I came home from a month spent in Chicago with some family friends. (Thank you Tony and Claudia!) I have fond memories of that experience but one memory I share with my mom and my brothers is the airport pick up afterwards.

I had flown on Delta Airlines as a young girl and once again had the chance to fly with them again. I thought it would be fun to ask for a pair of pin on wings from the flight attendant. So coming off the plane I had these wings pinned to my shirt. Andrew and Aaron came to the Salt Lake airport to pick up my mom and me to take us home. We were greeted by my brothers with some cheap plastic leis and then as innocent as can be Aaron lifted up my lei and pointing to my upper torso exclaimed, "Hey, you've got...things." Needless to say we all had a good laugh about it.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

In my defense, I was still having difficulty adjusting to my first native language of English. I knew that they were "alas" in Spanish, but I just couldn't get the right word in English.