Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tender Mercies

For no one particular reason I have been having a rough couple of days. I apologize to those who have interacted with my grumpiness. This afternoon I was headed back to work after having lunch at home with Drew when I noticed the mailman had come. There was a small package from a dear friend of mine. She has always been a wonderful influence in my life and has been on my mind recently. The small package included a ceramic ladybug and the music of "You are My Sunshine." Never before have I enjoyed the song "You are My Sunshine" as much as I did today.

I'm grateful for her and her ongoing love and encouragement. I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for being mindful of me and for His ability to show His tender mercies in various ways each and every day.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Isn't it cool how the people who truly care always come through at the right time?

This, of course, makes obvious that I must not truly care, since it wasn't me that came through for you. Dang it!

Hope you're feeling better, though.