Sunday, July 26, 2009

La Puente, I love you!

Oh yeah? If you love it so much, why don't you marry it? (Small child joke, sorry)

A few years back Drew and his family introduced me to La Puente, a Mexican restaurant on State Street . Upon recommendation I tried the small combo. I was most hesitant about the chile verde burrito included. This was never something I had growing up and until recently I have not been one to try new things. Verdict: Most delicious! It's my favorite part of the combo.

Maybe 2 years ago, they had a large fire in the kitchen and the establishment went down in flames. I was devastated. I have since tried several chile verde burritos, but have not been impressed. It took some time but they rebuilt and I have dreamed of returning once again.

We had a chance to do that this weekend and they are as delicious as ever! I was fulfilled, as far as good burritos are concerned. Plus, we were serenaded by a wonderful live performer. If you have a chance to go, I recommend the combo platter. Thank you La Puente.

1 comment:

Clayton and Heidi said...

As a Mexican food lover I am so going to try this. Consider it added to the McMurdie Food Bucket List!!!